- Terms and Conditions for use of this web site
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Stones and Colours for Special Occasions
- Supply of Special High Quality Stones
- Care and Maintenance of Jewellery
- Jewellery Insurance
- Ring re-sizing service and size comparisons
- Gift Ideas for Special Occasions
- Jewellery Valuations
- Jewellery Repairs
- Watch Repairs and Replacement Batteries
- Engraving and Etching
- Useful Links
- We buy Gold – Selling your Gold and The Gold Standard code of conduct
We offer a first class jewellery repair service even for items not purchased from us. We are able to assess and advise on the viability of all types of jewellery repairs.
Repairs are carried out by our resident sixth generation jewellery repairer and manufacturer, Brent Allen, either in his onsite workshop or in our workshop in the Birmingham Jewellery Quarter.
A typical problem that we can often solve is the replacement of broken and lost clasps and links from necklace chains and bracelets.
Most repairs are completed within 5 working days (some can be done while you wait) however some jobs may take a little longer depending on the complexity.
No job is too big or small, we know some items have great sentimental value and we respect that.
This is just one of the ways Stirlings has built its reputation as “A name you can trust”.
Repairs and Adjustments
This project required the following work to a 9ct Gold square shaped bracelet
- Shorten by 2 links
- Replace with two new clasps
- Add a new jump ring
This customer wanted a pendant which was the shape of the letter “J” but larger than any that could be obtained commercially. This required the following work
- Agree a basic model design and shape with the customer
- Scale up a new item using the agreed shaped model
- Solder a new and larger jump ring to the new version